Check out our current ebay auctions!

Saturday 28 March 2009

Seiko SPB003 SPB003J1

Currently available for £799.99 inc. worldwide shipping. Go to http://www.qualitytime.org.uk/.
SOLD OUT
Now available from Amazon below!





As well as selling Seiko watches I wear them. In fact more than that I am probably unhealthily obsessed by them! My current favourite is the Seiko Premier SPB003J1. This comes with Seikos high end movement the 6R20. Aesthetically the watch is absolutely stunning. The face is beautiful with patterned effect, delicate hands and balanced day, date wheels. It also has a power reserve indicator which you can see increasing as you wear. Some owners dislike the screws which are visible but these are tiny and I think add to the character of its "looks". It has two sapphire crystals (yes two!) which means that you can see the engraved rotor on the back - again a beautiful touch from Seiko. The calf leather band that it comes with and deployment clasp are simply superb quality too. It also has that wholly made in Japan factor which Seiko fans love - it is true Seiko, if you like.


What really amazes me about this watch though is its accuracy. I have set mine to an atomic clock (yes, yes, I know - I need to get out more) and over a day it will be +/- 1 second. Over a period of two weeks it was within ten seconds. My frustration with this watch is that it keeps better time than my Omega Seamaster - hmmm...


There is one other serious disadvantage to the SPB003J1 - wear it to a meeting and you will find yourself looking at it and admiring its resplendent beauty. You will then get looks from your boss / colleagues thinking that it is slightly rude to blatantly hint that the meeting is dragging on. To my mind the loss of career promotion is worth it for this watch.


Please go to http://www.qualitytime.org.uk/ if you wish to buy the SPB003J1 or mail me if there is another watch you want.


Take care J.

No comments: